Hotel Figueroa Hotel Review
The Hotel Figueroa is a historic boutique hotel nestled in the heart of downtown Los Angeles near the fashion district. Opened in 1926 as a female-only hostel, it offered women the rare freedom to live unrestrained lives. Over ninety years later, the hotel continues as the city’s proud hub for creativity. - Hyatt
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Large corner 1 bedroom suite, with dual vanity in bathroom.
- Unique hotel with rich history, we loved the Spanish architecture.
- Good location close to Grammy Museum, LA Convention Center & Crypto.com Arena.
- Close to many restaurants & shopping (including Target, Bath & Body Works, & Uniqlo).
- Cafe Fig has a great Happy Hour (Monday to Fridays), just wished there were more than 4 cocktail options available.
What we did not like
- Room AC unit was not working. Engineering came & was unable to fix. Hotel provided space heaters & extra blanket for the duration of our stay.
- Small gym. Website said it has 2 treadmills, however there was only 1 when we arrived.
- No Globalist upgrade offered at check-in; received the room I booked.
- Limited breakfast options on a special "globablist" menu; hotel utilizes a coupon per person per day system.
- Two slow elevators for the 14 floors. Being on the 4th floor we utilized the stairs during our stay.
- Daily $30 destination fee (waived for our stay). Hyatt's website & the hotel's website listed different amenities here: https://www.hotelfigueroa.com/faq/
- Couch & pillows were softer than preferred. King bed felt small.
- Room does not have a desk, so would not stay here if I needed to work from the room. Note there is ample seating on the lobby floor near Cafe Fig
For our first time in DTLA, we stayed at JW LA Live in September 2021. For our second time in DTLA, for a game, we decided to try out Hotel Figueroa.
Nice boutique hotel with pleasant staff & a good location (walkable to arena). The rooms are rather small so we intentionally booked a 1 bedroom suite for more space.
Would definitely stay here again when in DTLA.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.