The Seabird Hotel Review
Explore a host of coastal luxury during your stay at The Seabird. Treat yourself to an indulgent treatment at Sunny's Spa & Beauty Lounge or rejuvenate with seasonal wellness activities. - The Seabird
Hotel rating breakdown
If possible, upgrade to an oceanfront room for unobstructed sea views.
What we loved
- Chromecast functionality was easy to use, no issues streaming content.
- Booked a King Bed Cityscape View Deluxe, used SUA to upgrade to Grand Ocean Suite. Day of check in inquired about availability & was upgraded to an Grand Ocean Suite with Oceanfront.
- Beach themed spacious room.
- Good location near beach & Amtrak station. Quick walk after taking the Pacific surfliner.
- Large full bathroom with double vanity, walk-in shower with soaking tub.
- Provided robes & slippers were very soft & comfortable. Requested blanket, razor, toothbrush & toothpaste via Hyatt app, which were promptly delivered.
- Lots of complimentary activities: signed up for Thursday rooftop yoga.
- Amazing corner room with wrap-around balcony with million dollar ocean views.
What we did not like
- Bed was not preferred comfort. Felt like cheap spring mattress with thin sheets. Made lots of noise when getting in & out of the bed.
- Wished the windows were one way view, can look into (& vice versa) of Mission Pacific patrons' room.
- Can hear street noise from 5th floor room.
- Weird ticking sound coming from in room clock, which did not stop after it was unplugged.
- Flashing light from smoke detector was bright during the night.
- Curtains were not automatic.
- Outdoor furniture was limited to two chairs & a small table for the large balcony. Wished a lounger was also provided.
- Breakfast service at Piper was deshelved. The staff seemed overwhelmed and confused about roles & responsibilities.
After seeing the Seabird while on the Pacific Surfliner to LA a few years ago, I was excited to visit and check out the city of Oceanside.
Great hotel for a relaxing beach getaway with tons of shops & local restaurants to try. We booked a King deluxe room for $359 per night (plus taxes & fees) and used a suite upgrade for the Grand Ocean Suite. Getting a complimentary upgrade to the Grand Ocean Suite Oceanfront, priced at $1,200 per night during our stay, was a treat.
Highly recommend the Seabird for a quick long weekend stay.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.