The Gate Hotel Tokyo by HULIC Hotel Review
The Gate Hotel Tokyo is a stylish and modern hotel located in the heart of Tokyo, Japan. The hotel is within walking distance of many popular attractions, including the Imperial Palace, the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. The Gate Hotel Tokyo offers a variety of amenities and services, including a rooftop bar with stunning views of the city, a fitness center, and a business center. The hotel also has a number of dining options, including a Japanese restaurant, a Western restaurant, and a cafe. The Gate Hotel Tokyo is the perfect place to stay for business or leisure travelers alike.
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Close location to train station, with plenty of shops nearby. The hotel is near the Ginza district which can be busy.
- There is a 4th-floor outdoor space off the lobby.
- Free & fast wifi (~300 mbps)
- Large room with double sink, shower & tub
- In-room amenities: Night clothes, robes, slippers, coffee machine, fridge, and Bluetooth speaker
- The gym was on the small side however had adequate equipment.
- Western breakfast was a selection of French toast, eggs benedict, or croque monsieur along with a small buffet of pastries, fruit, and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Our 13th-floor room was near the premium lounge, however, it was not in use.
- The hotel was very quiet. We never heard the trains at a nearby train station while in our room.
- The hotel has both smoking & non-smoking rooms, however, I did not smell anything during our stay throughout the hotel.
- Courteous staff. We did not have any issues during our stay, noting there was always someone available at the front desk if we had any questions.
What we did not like
- Streaming functionality did not, TV said there was a firmware issue but did not provide a way to resolve it. Unable to stream.
- Breakfast on both days was the same, could get boring on a longer stay.
- The outdoor space was constantly busy during our two-night stay.
Good Tokyo base hotel as it is close to several train stations, and many restaurants. We booked through a travel agent & enjoyed our two-night stay in our 13th (top) floor room.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
Streaming 4k Movies
Streaming Video Games
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access