The Elser Hotel Review
Stay in the heart of downtown near all the excitement that makes Miami a global destination. The city’s best dining, nightlife, arts and entertainment are steps away from your unobstructed waterfront views. Here
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Great location in downtown Miami. Close to Bayside, Port of Miami & Kaseya Center. Great post-cruise location as well as easy walk to after a Miami Heat game.
- Apartment style full service hotel with up to 3-bedrooms to accomodate 6 people.
- Quiet hotel (with sound-proofed windows) with nice views.
- Large two-level gym with lots of equipment (treadmill, smith machine, free weights)
- Fast wifi (220 mbps). There were two ways to connect (room number & last name or with access code)
- A washer & dryer is available in the unit; laundry pods were provided & replenished daily.
- Nice wrap-around pool with a large TV showing professional sports games. Staff set up our chairs & brought around towels. We did not order food from the pool restaurant.
What we did not like
- Small (width-wise) wrap around balcony with no seating available.
- Two of the three bedrooms do not come with a TV.
- Small drive-way, have to park on the street for access to hotel.
- $50 parking per night (in & out allowed).
- $45 daily amenity fee which includes: Fitness/Yoga classes, in-room Wi-Fi connection, local and 1-800 phone calls, 24-hour Concierge and Front Desk services, two refillable PATH water bottles, and two complimentary drinks upon arrival.
- The room only had 3 robes (1 per bedroom) rather than per person. We requested 3 more robes & they were brought up.
- Text communication was inconsistent. Sometimes they would answer immediately, other times it took several hours.
- The couch in the unit was not large enough to accommodate our party of 6. Some folks sat on the floor.
- The kitchen table came with 5 chairs. We asked for another chair to accommodate our party of 6 & were told they were unable to add furniture to our room.
We were looking for a downtown Miami hotel that could accommodate 6 people. Stumbled upon the Elser & booked directly with their 30% off 4-night promo. At $600/night our 3-bedroom suite was what we needed for our post-cruise family holiday. The hotel, while allowing 6 occupants, missed out on full points by simply ensuring there were enough amenities for all occupants. Overall a good stay & would recommend it for large groups.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
Streaming 4k Movies
Streaming Video Games
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.