The Confidante Miami Beach - The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Review
Miami Beach, FL | Visited
1 King Bed Ocean Front with Lounge Deck
Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the Confidante Miami Beach hotel is set in a1940s art deco skyscraper. It's a 2-minute walk from Miami Beach. Chic rooms with a 1950s vibe feature minibars and flat-screen TVs. Suites add sitting areas, living rooms, and/or kitchens with wet bars and fridges. Some quarters also have private balconies and/or ocean views.
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Great location on Miami Beach with direct access to the beach.
- Booked through Hyatt Privé which came with roundtrip transportation from Miami airport. They picked us up from the Hyatt Centric Brickell & dropped us off at Miami airport.
- Great staff: from check-in to bartender and restaurant staff, everyone we encountered were nice & professional.
- Hotel has a Museum of Graffiti collection, with an available audio tour, which was nice during a rainy day at the hotel.
- Room decor, definitely beachy vibes with carpet & furniture. Outdoor furniture was bright yellow & blue, which simulated the sun & ocean.
- Oceanfront views were show stopper. Spent most of the time on the balcony on the lounge chairs.
- Two pools (albeit next to each other), one for families & one for adults.
What we did not like
- Ambersweet restaurant was closed during our Monday to Wednesday stay. All food ordered was taken to-go.
- Hotel charged 20% service fee on every order. This 20% charge was not taken off for Globalist breakfast orders.
- At 350 square feet, the room & bathroom was small. I intentionally booked the King Deluxe to have a sofa & the "upgraded" room did not have a sofa.
- Wished the hotel had a more authentic Miami menu, including Peruvian, Cuban or Venezuelan food.
Booked a King Deluxe for $239 (+ taxes & fees) per night & was upgraded to an Oceanfront with Lounge Deck. I booked this hotel specifically to be close to the beach, to lounge in the Miami sunshine & this hotel was perfect for that type of trip.
After living & working in South Florida for almost 10 years, I have come to tolerate Miami's lackluster customer service & premium proximity prices. I was surprised as the staff was pleasant and the hotel felt well-maintained; I would stay here again.