Mandarin Oriental, New York Review
"A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features elegant guestrooms and suites—all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality." - Mandarin Oriental
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- The 50th-floor room had great views of the Hudson River.
- Keycard is needed to activate the elevator.
- Spacious bathroom with dual vanity, water closet, shower, and soaker tub.
- Great location near Central Park West and Columbus Circle train station.
- There was a yoga mat provided in the room.
- Daily housekeeping and turn-down service.
- Was able to get a 1 pm checkout (after some back and forth).
- The room had robes and a Breville Nespresso machine.
What we did not like
- Not a fan of the yellow decor, the carpet was thick & made it hard to maneuver roller luggage.
- No electronic controls for curtains and lights.
- The bed had a spring mattress that had a high partner movement transfer which made it difficult to get a good night's sleep.
- The curtains in the room don't keep out the sunshine that well.
- The outlet is only located on one side of the bed.
- The room had only one pair of slippers in them, so I had to request 2nd pair.
- Limited in-room dining menu, for breakfast and dinner.
- The small gym was not 24 hours, you needed to ask the front desk for access after 6 pm.
After our two nights at the Park Hyatt New York, we spent three nights at the Mandarin Oriental New York. After our first MO stay in Miami, we were excited about our stay in New York. The MO NY has a great location, and great staff however a small room with non-blackout curtains, an uncomfortable bed at this price point, we would not stay here again.
Booked a “one more night” promo, which was no longer available closer to the check-in date; where the best available rate for the Hudson River Room was $1,495 per night.
The hotel opened in 2003 with 244 rooms across floors 35 - 54 of the Deutsche Bank Center.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access