Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa Hotel Review
Lahaina, Hawaii | Visited
Oceanfront Suite | Room # 233
"Set on 40 acres on Ka’anapali Beach, the completely-reimagined Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is a getaway in paradise. Enjoy Hawaiian hospitality with stargazing and a traditional nightly lu'au on-site, stay loose on the links with oceanfront golf, or unwind at our beachfront spa." - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Spacious oceanfront suite with ample seating.
- The oceanfront suite has plenty of outlets including the living room table, couch & nightstands.
- Quiet 2nd-floor corner room in the Napili Tower, with some pool noise midday.
- Bathroom has a shower, tub, however no dual vanity.
- In-room Keurig, electric kettle, and an in-room mini-fridge.
- Plenty of storage, including luggage under the bed storage.
- Well-maintained grounds with beautiful gardens & animals.
- Onsite coin laundry, $3.50 for wash (25 minutes) and $3.50 for dry (55 minutes).
- Valet parking was listed as reduced pricing however we got free parking during out 5-night stay.
- Front desk staff was attentive & friendly. Regency Club staff was phenomenal.
- I booked through Hyatt Prive so we had access to both breakfast options in the Regency Club and the Swan. Both had similar foods and beverages. Regency Club had an option to carry food back to our room, which is what we ended up doing most mornings.
- The hotel had scheduled an update to their electric system on the 2nd day of our stay, which resulted in power being turned off at 8 am. We went to the Concierge to inquire about our "Tour of the Stars" reservation and were offered a complimentary snorkeling excursion during the power outage.
- Massive gym equipped to the gills with machines, free weights and scented refreshment towels.
- Close to Whaler's Village shopping center (15 minute walk), which has an ABC store with cheaper prices than the onsite market.
- Even though the Regency Club was not open 24 hours, it offered a variety of foods throughout the day. We were able to get hearty, filling breakfasts and dinners, which saved us money.
What we did not like
- Room wifi is spotty, it kept cutting out despite 93 mbps speed.
- Room Chromecast was spotty & kept dropping while watching YouTube.
- The balcony with seating faces the pool, wish it faced the ocean, instead.
- The balcony facing the ocean is small & does not have, nor can it accommodate seating.
- The sliding door between the living room, bedroom, and bathroom are hard to grab (accessibility issue).
- Slow to respond via text feature.
- The Regency Club not accessible 24 hours.
- The dryers were not hot enough and had to dry each load twice.
- 2nd floor room has little privacy due to location near the walk
The resort is in a great location, has tons of activities and restaurants which could allow someone to never need to leave during their stay. Great calming stay, would definitely return.
Booked a King Bed (Golf and Mountain View) under Hyatt Prive. A week before check-in an Ocean View Suite became available and I applied an SWU to the reservation. The day prior to check-in we were upgraded to an Oceanfront Suite.
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
Streaming 4k Movies
Streaming Video Games
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Hospitality App/Texting Available
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Booked: King Bed (Golf & Mountain View)
Received: Oceanfront Suite
Upgrade (Y/N): Y
Amenities: $40 daily resort fee (list here)
Note from Hyatt: The Ocean View Suite is the standard suite used with Suite Upgrade Awards for Hyatt Regency Maui.
The Deluxe Ocean Suite is the premium suite that points can be used to reserve. The Oceanfront would be at a paid rate only.
As a valued World of Hyatt Globalist, you’ll enjoy the following enhanced benefits:
• Complimentary Regency Club Access. (Open 630 - 10, 11 - 3, and 5 - 8pm daily)
• Discounted & prioritized valet parking at self-parking rate.
• Happy hour pricing all day at ‘Umalu bar (10am – 11pm).
• $25 discount on full day 2 seater daybed and cabana rentals. Visit the pool desk or dial 3225 to book.
- Feel free to utilize the below link to book Two-Seater Day Beds, Kai Lani Tents, Ocean Hales & Ohana Tent: https://hyattmaui.ipoolside.com/
- • 20% discount on general admission to Drums of the Pacific Luau. Only available at www.drumsofthepacificmaui.com. Enter promo code: GLOB
•20% discount on retail items located at the Recreations Desk, Visit or Dial ext. 3225.