Hyatt Regency JFK Airport At Resorts World New York Hotel Review
Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York is a 4-star hotel located in Queens, New York. It is just a short drive from John F. Kennedy International Airport and is also home to NYC's only casino, Resorts World Casino New York City. The hotel offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, gym, and casino. It also has a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York is the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure travelers.
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Cleanliness (4.5): The room was clean, and housekeeping was seen deep cleaning each room & the floors smelled like Clorox. The room passed the blacklight test.
- Service (4.5): Everyone we encountered was nice & greeted us. Clive went above & beyond our toiletry ask offering to bring us a microwave & larger fridge for our stay.
- Bed comfort (4.5): The bed was comfortable, although on the softer side. There were two pillow types on the bed, one firmer than the other which helped get a good night's rest. We ordered two additional pillows, which were too soft.
- Internet Speed (4.5): Free wifi had 48 Mbps. As a globalist, I am eligible for premium speeds for free ($9.99), which had over 50 Mbps speed. The first day the free wifi was 19 Mbps, which is why we upgraded to the premium the 2nd day.
- Amenities (5): Two large TVs, Keurig coffee machine, mini-fridge, safe, robes, slippers, automatic curtains.
- Hotel value (4.5): For the 3-night stay, rooms were around $250 a night. We booked using 12,000 points per night. After we booked the rate increased to 15,000 points per night.
- Chromecast functionality works well. Easy to connect & no problems with streaming through the Hyatt app.
- The hotel suggests guest text for requests. They were responsive answering questions within seconds.
- Plenty of storage: lots of drawers for clothes.
- The key card is needed to access the elevator.
- The Hyatt Regency lounge was nicely stocked & had 24-hour access. The lounge included Natalie's Carrot & Orange juice, something I have never seen at any hotel lounge.
- Close to the Aqueduct-N Conduit Av station. It was an easy 30-minute trip to Brooklyn on the A-train.
What we did not like
- Location (4): No hotel shuttle & not close to JFK. The Lyft ride was 15 minutes & cost $27. For those looking for a short layover hotel, this is not ideal.
- The water took a long time to warm up (in both showers). The first morning it ran for almost 8 minutes before it was warm. The 2nd night the bathroom near the hallway warmed up faster, however, the main bathroom took a long time. Not sure what the issue is.
- The closet does not have a light. Something you don't notice until it's late at night & you need something from it.
- The walls are thin. You can hear people outside on the street, people in the hallway. We had a connecting room & could hear our neighbor's entire conversation.
This is a great airport hotel, albeit noting that the hotel does not provide an airport shuttle. Rooms are nicely appointed & the Regency lounge has a good variety of food. Would stay here again if I had more than a 16-hour layover at JFK. Overall a fantastic stay & I would consider staying here as a base for access to Brooklyn, with the A train nearby.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
Streaming 4k Movies
Streaming Video Games
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access