Hyatt Regency Dulles Hotel Review
"Located just minutes from Washington Dulles International Airport and a short Metro ride to DC, our Herndon, VA hotel is conveniently located for both business and leisure travelers. Enjoy door-to-door service with our complimentary airport shuttle that runs on a set schedule to IAD. Ensure your travel is relaxing and seamless with our newly-renovated guestrooms, inviting atmosphere, and award-winning staff that is always here to help." - Hyatt.com
Hotel rating breakdown
The hotel airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes (:10 and :40).
What we loved
- Nice spacious lobby with ample seating.
- Very pleasant staff; breakfast attendant Rosa was phenomenal.
- Breakfast on both days was good. Ordered off the menu (rather than the buffett) and the food came out promptly, was a good temperature & tasted good.
- Spacious room with two queen beds, sofa bed, and desk.
- In-room amenities included a Mr. Coffee machine and a mini fridge.
- Comfortable bed with 4 pillows of varying firmness.
- Beds have motion-sensor lights that are helpful during the night. The bathroom also has a motion-sensored night light.
- The hotel has a 24-hour airport shuttle that picks up twice per hour (10 minutes and 40 minutes after the hour).
What we did not like
- The front desk is small with only two stations. Can see it getting congested during check-out with conference attendees.
- Online photos looked more modern than the room in person. While there has been some renovation/updating the bones of the hotel are still old. 3 Elevators are small & slow (8 person max).
- While spacious, the room lacks adequate outlets for the space. Many of the outlets are also commandeered for the in-room appliances and light fixtures.
- Small bathroom, the toilet is close to bathroom door & shower door. At 5'2", I can stand in front of the toilet & width-wise (arms bent 90 degrees) can touch the wall to the shower door. Length-wise I can touch the back of the door to the wall behind the toilet.
- There was one day when they were very slow to respond to text inquiries.
- A hotel keycard was never needed for the elevator, which is a safety concern.
- The walls are thin. We could hear our connecting room neighbor on the phone.
After arriving on a red-eye, it was great to catch the free hotel shuttle (Ubers were $22 for the less than 2-mile journey) to this airport hotel. By airport hotel standards, for 5,00 Hyatt points a night (Category 1), this is a great base, with spacious rooms & friendly staff.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.