Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York Review
New York, NY | Visited
Centric Suite | Room # 702
"Enjoy being steps away from lower Manhattan’s waterfront, retail shops, exciting restaurant scene, ferry and subway hubs, and more at Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York. Here is where you can easily explore the best of New York City then return to a spacious, lofty, sun-filled room." - Hyatt
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Ample seating in the lobby.
- Attentive and personable staff: everyone we encountered was pleasant.
- Quiet hotel in the financial district.
- Close to Wall Street subway station.
- Received a complimentary upgrade to a spacious corner Centric Suite with several large windows & high ceilings.
- Hotel has 6 elevators and there was rarely a wait during our 4 night stay.
- Large shower/tub combination with a deep soaker tub.
- Gym was a decent size however it was rather warm. The door was propped open and there were several portable fans plugged in.
- Electronic blackout curtains have partial open capability.
- Room had ample power outlets in convenient locations.
- There were two large TVs in the room. The one near the bed allowed easier access to hdmi port.
- The room had a fridge for personal items (albeit missing a shelf).
- Requested coffee machine & it was delivered quickly to the room.
- Hotel offered free coffee on "R" level during breakfast hours.
- Globalist breakfast credit was $90 each day, nonetheless the full amount each day (up to $100) was comped.
What we did not like
- The room did not have a luggage rack.
- There was no keycard needed to access elevator.
- Sometime out of the ordinary for the Hyatt brand: there was there was not a contact via text feature. On Saturday night we rang the front desk several times to nonresponse.
- The wifi timed out each day, needed to login on all devices each day. Would have preferred an option to stayed logged in for entirety of our stay.
- The walls were thin, we could hear hallway noise, including a dog parking in a neighboring room.
- The hotel did not have an ice machine. Requested in person from the front desk twice and went to the bar once to request it.
- Minimal storage space, there were only two drawers under the living room TV.
- There was a weird reddish stain on the ceiling in the bathroom that we could not identify.
- Hotel breakfast options were limited, we were able to try everything over the course of two days & picked our favorites for the remaining 2 days.
Originally booked at the Conrad NY Downtown hotel, we changed to the Hyatt Centric Wall Street as it was priced significantly cheaper and allowed us to add 4 nights towards 2023's globalist status. Located in the quiet financial district, close to restaurants and the subway, it was a great base for 4 nights in NY. While we enjoyed our stay, there are so many other hotels in NY we would want to visit prior to returning.
Booked Monday August 22 for an August 26th stay with a rate of $198/night for a King Bed Deluxe. Interesting, three days before check-in a Centric Premier Suite was added to the list of available rooms. The day before check in, we received a complimentary upgrade to a 7th Centric Suite (of 17 floors).
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Hospitality App/Texting Available