Grand Hyatt Washington Review
Our luxury hotel in downtown Washington, D.C., is a few blocks from the National Mall, Smithsonian Museums, and historical monuments. Immerse yourself in the iconic sights, unlimited shopping, and alluring nightlife of the nation's capital. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, you'll enjoy exceptional comfort and service and a direct connection to the city via the Metro Center station. - Hyatt
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Great location in central DC.
- Large spacious suite with 1.5 bathrooms.
- The lounge on the 12th floor is well-stocked & maintained. The lounge staff is very friendly & proactive in helping patrons & ensuring the lounge stays clean.
- Dinner at Cure restaurant, while a bit pricey, was good.
- Comfortable bed
- Ample outlets
- Chromecast functionality
- Bathroom tub has whirlpool jets
What we did not like
- We were unable to check into our room until 745 p.m., nearly 4 hours after the 4 p.m. check-in time.
- Large conference hotel with only 5 elevators, causing long wait times.
- Our room looked into offices across the street. During the weekend not an issue, just something to be mindful of during the work week.
- $20 daily destination fee (waived for Globalist), which included a $10 daily food & beverage credit from Cure, the hotel restaurant. Full list of inclusions here: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/washington-dc/grand-hyatt-washington/wasgh/policies.
- Hotel offered a daily newspaper, which turned out to be 10 copies per day. Around 10am on Sunday during our stay I stopped by for a Sunday paper & was told they were all gone.
We spent $1,131.68 ($282.92 per night) along with 24k points for a four-night stay in a Grand Suite. Due to issues during check-in (including the room not being ready 4 hours after check-in), the hotel credited back 15k points.
This category 4 hotel has direct access to the Metro center, a central DC location, and a great staff which makes it a nice option for a long weekend in DC.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.