Fairmont Austin Texas
A towering icon within a vibrant Central Business District, Fairmont Austin is uniquely located in downtown Austin amid the greenery of Palm Park and Waller Creek. Our 37-story luxury hotel in Austin features 1,048 richly appointed guest rooms and suites with picturesque vistas of Austin's dramatic cityscape, Lady Bird Lake, and the State Capitol. At Fairmont Austin, indulge in premium amenities embodying all the finest qualities of a 4-star hotel in Austin. - Fairmont Austin
Hotel rating breakdown
Upgrade to the Fairmont Gold room for a higher floor room with lounge access.
What we loved
- Benjamin in the Gold Lounge is amazing. Very personable & helpful around the lounge.
- Plush comfortable bed. Pillows were of varying firmness which allowed for a good night's sleep.
- Spacious bathroom with water closet & large shower. Included Le Labo amenities (Rose 31)
- Key card needed to access guest room floors.
- Fairmont Gold room came with free premium wifi (23 Mbps)
- Room has plenty of power outlets and USB charging (two per nightstand).
- In room fridge is a paid mini fridge. Requested a fridge for personal items which was delivered promptly.
- Large TV with Chromecast functionality which was easy to use.
- Daily housekeeping & nightly turn down service.
- Good selection of snacks & seating in the lounge, which was rarely at 25% occupancy the first two days. Next few days the lounge was busier. There was ample seating however it was not as quiet.
- The hotel has 10 elevators divided into two sections allowing for fast access to higher floors.
- Delicious freshly baked pastries in the lounge.
What we did not like
- Friday the alarm system was triggered on the 33th floor & the response was lackluster.
- Room 3341 is across from the service elevator. Could hear loud noises as employees maneuvered through.
- Room has visible wear & tear including ripped wallpaper & scuffed drawers & door frames.
- Can hear street noise in the 33rd-floor room.
- Bathroom did not have a rainfall or hand-held option.
- Elevator key card can only be tapped on one side.
- TV remote is slow to respond.
- While the lounge food was good there were limited options. Saw same items for breakfast, canapes & dessert over the days.
- Shower door didn't close all the way, resulting in water on the bathroom floor.
Nice hotel for a few days while attending a conference. Close to Austin Convention Center with plenty of shopping & restaurants nearby. Austin is a very walkable city & this is a great base hotel. We would likely only return if we needed to be in close proximity to the convention center. Will look for other hotels in Austin for our next stay.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Breakdown of ameities availiable in the room:
Coffee Machine Type
Toothpaste, Mouthwash etc.