Encore at Wynn Review
Las Vegas, NV | Visited
Panoramic King | Room # 3230
'There’s nothing in the world like Las Vegas—and there’s absolutely nothing in Las Vegas like Wynn." - Encore
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Large (745 sq ft) spacious room with separate seating area
- Large bathroom with dual vanity, shower, soaker tub & bath scale.
- Firm, comfortable bed.
- In-room Alexa controlled the lights & shades.
- Breakfast at Espresso was reasonably priced & tastes great. The staff at Espresso was very nice.
- Was provided complimentary 2 pm check-out.
- We stood in the line for 23 minutes and when we got to the front desk we realized we were in line for the Wynn side, rather than the Encore side. Crystie, the front desk agent, was very helpful & knowledgeable. Rather than send us to the Encore side to check-in, she checked us in.
- Can check-in/check-out via kiosk located in the hotel lobby.
What we did not like
- No keycard activated elevator (you tap a keycard stand in front of an attendant before heading to the elevator.)
- Large hotel doesn't feel personalized.
- $45 resort fee no inclusions (basic wifi included).
- TV was glitchy & would stop working randomly.
- No in-room coffee amenities or slippers were provided.
- Not enough power outlets for all devices.
- Visible dust on minibar, desk legs.
- The four pillows on the bed were flat.
- Our room was near a mechanical element as we heard incessant whirring through the walls during the entirety of our stay.
- The ice machine on our floor did not work.
- The gym was small for the size of the hotel.
- The $100 credit received by booking through a travel agent was only usable at the spa, where treatments started at $150. While other hotels allow this credit to be used at food and beverage establishments in the hotel, Wynn seemed to "offer" a credit they know would go unused.
Booked a one-night stay in an Encore Resort King (nightly rate of $220 + taxes & fees) through a travel agent (Virtuoso) and got upgraded to Encore Panoramic King (nightly rate $263 + taxes & fees). Coming from the Four Seasons where I felt taken care of, the Encore at Wynn just feels like another Las Vegas strip hotel that didn't provide more than a spacious room with a view.
This internet speed is great for:
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access
Hospitality App/Texting Available
Encore at the Wynn