Alila Napa Valley Hotel Review
"Nestled next to the legendary Beringer Estate Winery, and just a short walk from St. Helena’s vibrant downtown Main Street, Alila Napa Valley is ideally placed to experience the best of California’s most celebrated wine region – from exploring its beautiful countryside to indulging in its epicurean lifestyle" - Alila Napa Valley
Hotel rating breakdown
What we loved
- Spacious room, with a large shower and tub. Separate toilet (with bidet) with a second vanity.
- Excellent, attentive, friendly staff. The hotel offers a text option & was very responsive to our inquiries.
- Fast, reliable wifi (91 MBPS)
- Great location in St. Helena, close to Beringer winery, less than 0.5 miles to downtown.
- The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not as firm as I prefer.
- Automated light switches & black-out curtains.
- Decent size a gym, with three treadmills, two Peloton bikes, a row machine & free weights.
- In-room Nespresso machine & kettle.
- The room has a large private balcony with a fire pit and ample seating. Spent ample time in the rocking chairs on the balcony.
- Delicious food from on-property Acacia House
- Even though I declined housekeeping during app check-in, our room was serviced daily and there was nightly turn-down service.
- Quiet resort, offering a unique experience being on the Beringer vineyard.
- Awesome views. Our room was in the center of the floor's 5 rooms which allowed for complete vineyard views.
What we did not like
- GPS had an issue finding the entrance, the hotel sign is small and hard to see from the road. We drove past the entrance & GPS took us on a 5-minute turnaround.
- There seemed to be confusion regarding what is covered under the $55 resort fee.
- There was not any security on the property. At Ventana, you had to use your key card to access the entrance to the property when on foot. Those driving in had to check in with a gate agent.
For our wedding anniversary, we used a free night award and 30,000 points for a two-night stay at Alila Napa Valley, where rates were $1,292 per night.
After staying at Ventana Big Sur, we were excited to visit our 2nd US Alila property. With great staff, great food, great views, and a great location this was definitely a trip to remember. We would love to stay here again!
Tip: The rooms are numbered as such: building, floor number, room. So our room 232 was in building 2, on the third floor.
Hotel Techology & Amenities
This internet speed is great for:
Streaming HD Movies
Streaming 4k Movies
Streaming Video Games
TV Ports, Plugs & other tech
Availiable in the room/hotel:
Key Card needed for Elevator
Guest In-Room Tablet
Mobile Key Access